Gorny's C9 Variant Mafia Game - Game Over - Scum Win

I think the story text is pretty clear that it is poisoning:

Wouldn't a poisoner be basically a variation on the mad bomber? OTOH, it's possible that there's a town defensive PR. If that's the case, then it sounds like someone chose to protect @Leopold Stotch. Is it plausible that protecting in the night carries over to the day if the NK/action is delayed? Could there be a protective
I've never played with a poisoner before. I've seen the role, but always assumed it took an extra day/night cycle to take effect. However, reading the wiki more closely:

Variations​

Exactly when the poison kills a player is not standardized. Some moderators will cause the poison to take effect at the end of the next Day, and some moderators will cause the poison to take effect a few posts into the next Day. The power of the Poisoner will vary nontrivially based on which time of death is chosen - the longer the wait, the more actions the poisoned players can perform.

Some moderators allow ordinary Doctors to stop poison kills; however, this usually makes the poison-based kill almost strictly inferior to simply killing the victim outright.

In some setups, players will be aware that they have been poisoned. It's possibly more common for the poisoning to be kept secret until it takes effect, however.
And, one could logically infer that if there is a poisoner out there, a poison doctor must as well. Although, logic doesn't always work around here.. :p

Wouldn't a poisoner be basically a variation on the mad bomber? OTOH, it's possible that there's a town defensive PR. If that's the case, then it sounds like someone chose to protect @Leopold Stotch. Is it plausible that protecting in the night carries over to the day if the NK/action is delayed? Could there be a protective
With the way the story pointed at me, I don't think Leo was protected at all. Just that he died before he could detonate his bomb.
"I'll get those bastards and I'll bomb them all to hell and not just D2DC like yesterday" He thought to himself.
I don't recall being bombed on D1 though.. :unsure:
He was careful not to forget the backpack with his home made bomb in it either. Yesterday he tried to get to D2DC and failed. Today he would blow Leopold Stotch to itty bitty bits.
We didn't see much activity from Don, but he did come out and vote for me. Did he need to vote someone and then detonate to kill them? Doesn't really matter much at this point anyway, does it?
Noodle tripped on an uneven curb; fell and came down on sideways.
I might as well come right out and claim. I'm the overpowered town...
SIDEWALK CRACK!! :ROFLMAO:
Concrete-Sidewalk-Raise-Before.jpg

With the way the story pointed at me, I don't think Leo was protected at all. Just that he died before he could detonate his bomb.

I won't comment on that. There's a reason that I meant to delete that paragraph.
We didn't see much activity from Don, but he did come out and vote for me. Did he need to vote someone and then detonate to kill them? Doesn't really matter much at this point anyway, does it?
That may be unrelated, but who knows.
giphy.gif

Hmm

I think Zhao is trying out a new playstyle, although he could still easily be scum.
I could be down with a snicker or Pyro vote.
I think Pyro's vote for me is weak and I would expect more from a genius such as himself.

Vote: Pyrotechnician
I mean this is weak, and I really won't stand for it.

Its weak but:

1. I didn't proclaim myself to be a genius
2. You said it yourself, who is the next lynch target since Noodle is no longer around? No one really knows so I was going with my intuition.

1646488843973.png

Yea, @snickersnack you didn't bold your vote, but the rules don't say anything about bolding..

@Gorny, any reason why Snicker's vote didn't count? Or, was that an oversight? :unsure:
I think it's more likely that voting for yourself just doesn't count in general, not due to some special circumstance. OTOH, you'd know that better than I do.
@snickersnack, we've had self votes before and they counted. See: BH = Jester. I didn't notice it right away, but it seems odd that your vote didn't count..

Yes, this is odd, self voting is generally considered to be bad sportsmanship, but doesn't prevent someone from doing so.

I think the story text is pretty clear that it is poisoning:

I've never played with a poisoner before. I've seen the role, but always assumed it took an extra day/night cycle to take effect. However, reading the wiki more closely:

And, one could logically infer that if there is a poisoner out there, a poison doctor must as well. Although, logic doesn't always work around here.. :p

I've played with a poisoner role before strictly because I included it in a mafia game I hosted. In my setup I had two separate mafia teams (it was a large game), the first scum team had a standard night kill, the second scum team had a poison kill. In my setup I had it so that the person would die at the end of the following day phase as long as they were not protected on the night they were poisoned. As such they could post throughout the entire day phase and then would respectively die at the end of the day (along with any lynch candidate if there was one).

Of course the standard role doesn't always have to apply, you can change it however you want to fit the your setup, so I would expect Gorny to play around with it if he wanted to.

P.S. If I step on you, does it break my mother's back?

P.S. If I step on you, does it break my mother's back?
As a crack in the sidewalk, I pierce the boundary between the earthly realm and the metaphysical realm. Interact with my chasm, no matter how narrow, and it will bring misfortune to you and your family! :devilish:

Snickersnack's demeanor is off this game and he's being very careful with his words.

I have confidence in my vote. I hope my enthusiasm doesn't cause injury to myself in the future.

We have so little to go on, that it is a hard choice.
I'm gonna stick to my Pyro vote. His arguments has been weak against me, and that is out of character.

And I have no idea on who else to vote. With our apparent luck, we'll end in a NL situation and still scum is killed at night!

Oh, "pro-town" PR? If that's the case, I probably know what your role is. Which should clear me of any suspicion. Because, although delayed, the NK went through.
Oh, "pro-town" PR? If that's the case, I probably know what your role is. Which should clear me of any suspicion. Because, although delayed, the NK went through.

Yes pro town power role.

But why delayed? 🤔

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High