Gorny's C9 Variant Mafia Game - Game Over - Scum Win

Mr. Jiggles, if you truly believe that there is only one scum left, why was there 2 different methods of killings (delayed day death by poison and death at night by bullets + exploding vehicle)?

I got to thinking yesterday on my way home from work. . .

If this is a variation of C9, what if the mafia also had bombs? Or, instead of 2 or 3 mafia (whatever it is), what if we have seperate bombers but they can only kill on certain nights? Maybe that's convoluted.

If I'm reading the story right, it seems DC's body was packed with explosives after the initial kill? Maybe mafia are the crazy bombers....

idk just throwing ideas out there.

Mr. Jiggles, if you truly believe that there is only one scum left, why was there 2 different methods of killings (delayed day death by poison and death at night by bullets + exploding vehicle)?
I will happily admit, that I haven't paid enough attention to the story, so you bring up a fair point.
I think my logic is that it would be pretty unbalanced with 3 scum in a 7 player game.

Noodle had not felt like himself since he regained consciousness this morning. He had woke up face sideways and nostrils half submerged in his favorite plate of risotto. He had a very off taste in his mouth. He reached for the mug of rainwater moonshine next to his plate and then it hit him. The moonshine. It had an odd taste to it, he remembered. Then he blacked out and ended up face planted into his supper.

He tried to move. Slowly. Groggily. Painfully. He looked down at his now cold risotto and noticed blood in it. Blood from his nose. He was bleeding, and it wouldn't stop.

"What the?? He thought to himself as he looked down at his left arm. There was a small butterfly needle firmly stuck into his arm with a thin length of rubber tubing leading out of it. The tubing lead to a small needle that looked hypodermic, no more like a tranquilizer dart. The dart like container had a small label on it that read: Wisconsin Sweet Clover Sample #7 Concentrate, 25 MG.

He was horrified. Someone had violated his inner sanctum, spiked his moonshine and drugged him.

"I'll get those bastards and I'll bomb them all to hell and not just D2DC like yesterday" He thought to himself.

He stumbled out of his house and went to find the others l, his nose still dripping blood down over his mouth and chin, making him look like a zombie during the apocalypse.

He was careful not to forget the backpack with his home made bomb in it either. Yesterday he tried to get to D2DC and failed. Today he would blow Leopold Stotch to itty bitty bits.

Noodle tripped on an uneven curb; fell and came down on sideways. As he hit the ground in a sideways roll, he cut his hands open, scuffed his knees and ended up with a gash on the side of his forehead.

He was bleeding profusely from multiple points and it wouldnt stop.

He found D2DC and Leopold Stotch arguing over which one of the two of them were scum. Now was his chance. He broke into a stumbling run and lurched for the both of them, bloody hands outstretched.

Not noticing the bloody figure dashing for them, D2DC and Leo continued to point fingers just as Noodle closed in on them, ready to detonate his bomb, killing them both.

But the toll of exerting himself so much, and the fact that he was drugged was too much. Blood vessels all over Noodle's body burst. In one final spasm, Noodle let put a violent sneeze which sent forth a massive spray of blood into the faces of D2DC and Leopold Stotch. His brain hemorrhaged and he fell to the ground, dead in a large pool of his own blood.

Noodle has been killed via delayed NK, he was the mad bomber. Anti Town aligned.

There are now 6 left alive.

The number of votes needed to secure a lynch is 4. 5 locks.
If you click on this quote, you'll see that D2DC and Leo had an interaction approx 45 mins before Gorny wrote this. They were basically pointing fingers at each other. And now the story includes both of them, with a mentioning of Noodle trying to bomb D2DC "yesterday" and trying to do the same to Leo "today".

Basically, what do you guys think we can infer from this? Is any of this flavor text or do we need to intepret all of it?
It just seemed so perfect that we have Leo and D2DC arguing in the thread moments before the story by Gorny, including both of them.

Sorry, been on the site, but work is kicking my ass right now, so everytime I look at the page I get torn away before I can discern anything meaningful.

Sorry, been on the site, but work is kicking my ass right now, so everytime I look at the page I get torn away before I can discern anything meaningful.
Yeah I sense that we are all pretty hung up. Somehow the D1 NK on scum kinda threw me off. It actually made it difficult for me to find whatever clues or leads to pursue on D2

I'll actually try and give a proper analysis tomorrow when I'm at work, but some quick thoughts.

D2DC was basically the only one keeping this game afloat with conversations, so he would be an obvious target for scum.

He might have hinted that he believed someone more strongly than others. Maybe he investigated them.

He mentioned Me, Zhao and Snicker by name as someone he was suspicious of. The killer could easily be found here, but it could also be too obvious.. the good old mafia conundrum.

I still strongly believe that there is only one scum left, simply based on the number of players.

I think that Gorny might just be following the structure of C9 (he said that himself, right?). I say losely as well, because there is no mad bomber (I believe that was Noodles role, can't be bothered to go back and look on mobile) in any setup. Maybe he simply used it as guideline for number of scum, PR and vanillas.

Now we know there was a cop and mad bomber. There also is a VT, since that is what I am.

It only takes 3 to lynch, we might need to consider role revealing, what say you?

I give it that you are attempting to fill the shoes that D2DC has left behind.

The killer could be any of the three he was suspicious of, or it could not be, yes the old implication game works here.

I think the structure is very loosely based on the C9 setup, the mad bomber very much throws that off and also throws off the balancing that the typical C9 setup has.

Revealing is fine, but if Leo is what I think she is than I think this is less helpful and more hurtful to the town.

So we all role reveal and no one claims scum, so what's the point exactly?

I'm pretty confident that @Leopold Stotch is town, so I'm inclined to follow her lead, but I need to hear from her to do that.

Playing follow the leader now? That's a good way to hide when you don't want to be caught as scum.

It can potentially narrow down the field so we have a better chance at lynching an anti-town/mafia member. But it also potentially exposes the remaining townie power roles ... risk/reward. I take it you don't support his suggestion?

Do you think Luscious Leo should do a full role reveal, or is there any benefit in her current state of 'vagueness'?

Is it safe to assume you are going to wait for Mr. Jiggles and/or Lucious Leo to produce their analysis/thoughts before you chime in?

Why should only Leo do a full role reveal? What about you Mr. Zhao?

If this is a variation of C9, what if the mafia also had bombs? Or, instead of 2 or 3 mafia (whatever it is), what if we have seperate bombers but they can only kill on certain nights? Maybe that's convoluted.

If I'm reading the story right, it seems DC's body was packed with explosives after the initial kill? Maybe mafia are the crazy bombers....

That would fit if it was your game setup Leo :LOL:. Who ever though of having odd and even kill nights with opposing factions? That's just a ridiculous concept :LOL:.

I will happily admit, that I haven't paid enough attention to the story, so you bring up a fair point.
I think my logic is that it would be pretty unbalanced with 3 scum in a 7 player game.

3 in a 7 player game could be unbalanced and likely would be unbalanced, unless Gorny thought that the "mad bomber" would take out one of the other faction through their action and would put the game "back" in balance. Seems hit or miss to me though.

If you click on this quote, you'll see that D2DC and Leo had an interaction approx 45 mins before Gorny wrote this. They were basically pointing fingers at each other. And now the story includes both of them, with a mentioning of Noodle trying to bomb D2DC "yesterday" and trying to do the same to Leo "today".

Basically, what do you guys think we can infer from this? Is any of this flavor text or do we need to intepret all of it?
It just seemed so perfect that we have Leo and D2DC arguing in the thread moments before the story by Gorny, including both of them.

I'm not sure if he drew up the story to fit what was happening or if D2DC and Leo were somehow impacted by it. Overall I generally don't put too much weight on story text unless there is a theme and in this game there is no theme so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

Yeah I sense that we are all pretty hung up. Somehow the D1 NK on scum kinda threw me off. It actually made it difficult for me to find whatever clues or leads to pursue on D2

This makes it rough because we had no true direction from the night 1 kill. But obviously the night 2 kill leads me to believe that D2DC was either on to something or he was driving the discussion enough that scum found him a threat.

Right now we are heading toward another no lynch which I think is dangerous in this situation.

I'm going to go with this based on what we have so far:

Vote: snickersnack

Vote: snickersnack

I can get on board with that. Why?
- We need a lynch
- He was mentioned as sus by D2DC along side with me and Zhao
- I know that I am not scum, and I feel less sus about zhao
- ?

Is it possible that there is more that more than 1 player that had the bomber role that Noodle had?

What if the bomb is set off by lynching the person, hence sort of a exploding jester?

Just curious, does the term 'scum' refer to both anti-town and mafia? I'm used to it only referring to mafia.

Why should only Leo do a full role reveal? What about you Mr. Zhao?
I don't think Leo should do a full role reveal, concealing her night actions is pretty important.

As for me? Well, I'll hold back for now, got to keep the killer guessing, right?

3 hours to go?

I did have my suspicions on snickersnack because his playstyle is similar to how he played when he was the DEA agent in the Narcos game: careful with his words, doesn't ruffle feathers, vanilla post bordering on filler, basically doing his best not to stand out.

I'd like to hear from him and Leo if possible before to committing.

Did we ever clear this up?

@snickersnack could you try and vote again?
We did not. I'll vote below.
Revealing is fine, but if Leo is what I think she is than I think this is less helpful and more hurtful to the town.
I concur, and I said as much before. Are you following me now?
Playing follow the leader now? That's a good way to hide when you don't want to be caught as scum.
I already said why I'm following. I'm sure you've never done any following yourself.

As far as I recall, when you try to tell me what reads as what, it turned out to be a trick.

You've seemed sus to me this game, but I couldn't put a finger on why. My hunch in the zim game worked out.

Vote: Pyrotechnician

3 hours to go?

I did have my suspicions on snickersnack because his playstyle is similar to how he played when he was the DEA agent in the Narcos game: careful with his words, doesn't ruffle feathers, vanilla post bordering on filler, basically doing his best not to stand out.
I was careful with my words then, but I'm not now. I have no idea what makes you think am. Seems like reaching.

You might find that I don't ruffle feathers in general, oh except in the zim game where I was town.

I'm not trying to avoid standing out, but it's true that I haven't posted much. I don't have a good read on anyone.

My sus list: pyro, skjolde, zhao_yue. But, like I said, no good reads.

Btw, I'm town, but I won't reveal further since I think that'll help scum/antiTown.
You are potentially on the chopping block but have decided not to role claim. Duly noted.

I was careful with my words then, but I'm not now. I have no idea what makes you think am. Seems like reaching.

You might find that I don't ruffle feathers in general, oh except in the zim game where I was town.

I'm not trying to avoid standing out, but it's true that I haven't posted much. I don't have a good read on anyone.

My sus list: pyro, skjolde, zhao_yue. But, like I said, no good reads.
A very inclusive suspicion list.

Tell me snickersnack, have you ever have a short fuse in a mafia game before? Like get frustrated and really exploded at someone?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High