Gorny's C9 Variant Mafia Game - Game Over - Scum Win

Do what we got, who we lynching?
Are we even lynching, with the only dead being a scum NK'ed after the day started.
What say you bright minds?
I find it an amazing coincidence that two games in a row, a baddie gets NK'd on N1. I dunno how else to explain it though..

Don seems like a bit of an odd choice for an early NK as well. He's always an option for a potential town mislunch. I am leaning towards a Zhao, Snicker or Skjolde vote at the moment.. :unsure:

I find it an amazing coincidence that two games in a row, a baddie gets NK'd on N1. I dunno how else to explain it though..

Don seems like a bit of an odd choice for an early NK as well. He's always an option for a potential town mislunch. I am leaning towards a Zhao, Snicker or Skjolde vote at the moment.. :unsure:
Hmm

I think Zhao is trying out a new playstyle, although he could still easily be scum.
I could be down with a snicker or Pyro vote.
I think Pyro's vote for me is weak and I would expect more from a genius such as himself.

Vote: Pyrotechnician

Quite the opposite. One should almost never role claim on day one and you should almost always lynch on day one.

Well, I am Vanilla Townie. I have a theory that more than the normal amount of players (based on total amount of participants) can relate to that role in this game.

I will not vote on anyone D1. I got no restrictions or anything, I just feel like doing something different. I do promise to vote on all other days, if I survive. I will not make this a pacifist playthrough.

I don't think that Gorny would make a bland vanilla game, and I have a hunch that there are triggers in play. Let's see if any of this triggers anything..
New Plan! There is no risk voting for someone that claims vanilla town on day 1 right????

Vote: Skjolde

I don't see any reason to tell you if I did or not, regardless of the fact that it seems there was some kind of weird delayed kill mechanism.

Is there reason to believe that there is only one scum left? Or are you strictly looking at this from a numbers perspective?

I think I was on to something yesterday with you.

Vote: Skjolde

I mean this is weak, and I really won't stand for it.

I basically claimed VT on D1 (which I stand by) and you voted for me because of it and now you remark that you were on to something with me yesterday, I've read adventures for toddlers with more logic in them.

I'm so mad, I don't know whether to punch you or kiss you, damnit.

I basically claimed VT on D1
So far, we've seen an anti-town mad bomber, a delayed NK (which is probably not a standard goon), and a soft claim by Leo (which I believe I know what the PR would be). This doesn't exactly fit in with a standard C9 setup, or the many VTs you thought would be out there..

So far, we've seen an anti-town mad bomber, a delayed NK (which is probably not a standard goon), and a soft claim by Leo (which I believe I know what the PR would be). This doesn't exactly fit in with a standard C9 setup, or the many VTs you thought would be out there..
Why does this mean that there aren't many VTs? It seems to me like there could still be 3 or 4 VT.

I am town, but I won't say whether I'm VT. Either I want to conceal my PR so that I can use it to help town, or I'm a VT who wants to make it easier for PRs to blend in.

Well, I am Vanilla Townie. I have a theory that more than the normal amount of players (based on total amount of participants) can relate to that role in this game.
This is the post I was referring to.

Yea, there could certainly be 3-4+ VTs out there. We were kind of floating the possibility of Gorny sticking to a C9 setup, with variations to the roles, vs a completely different, "expect things", Gorny type game.

I think it's pretty clear that we are leaning towards the latter. And, although it doesn't exclude the possibility, I think that makes the likelihood of "more than normal" amount of VTs unlikely.

The more that I think about it, the more believable his VT claim is.. Let's assume he's Mafia and for some reason wants to just come out and claim VT on D1. Okay, whatever floats your boat.. However, it would appear that our mafia is alone (Don was just "anti-town"). Also, it seems he/she has some strange delayed kill ability, like poisoning their victims or something. So, if Skjolde were our line mafia, he'd have a pretty good idea that this is not a standard C9 setup, and there would likely be some other strange PRs, or possibly a 3rd party out there.

His statement of "I have a feeling there are many VTs" seems like too risky of a move as scum. If you know there are gonna be some wacky roles out there, you claiming VT (and lots of them) is just going to draw even more scrutiny than normal.. :unsure:

Interesting. Keep in mind, though, that I voted for myself on D1, but it didn't go through. Maybe I've been vote blocked? Is that a thing?
Did your vote really not register?

:: goes back to check ::

6. Every player gets one lynch vote during the day unless told otherwise in their role PM. Votes and Unvotes need to be underlined. If your unvote isn't underlined, it doesn't count
Yea, @snickersnack you didn't bold your vote, but the rules don't say anything about bolding..

@Gorny, any reason why Snicker's vote didn't count? Or, was that an oversight? :unsure:

I think it's more likely that voting for yourself just doesn't count in general, not due to some special circumstance. OTOH, you'd know that better than I do.

And of course, we might get a definite answer tomorrow when @Gorny checks the thread.

Migraines suck. I get scintillating scotoma from time to time. No pain, but it's pretty awful.

And before someone says it: no, not because I'm scum and am not looking for sum.

Work has been especially laden with stress and bullshit this week. Even at 9pm on a Friday, I'm reading a procedure handbook.

Also, it seems he/she has some strange delayed kill ability, like poisoning their victims or something.
I think the story text is pretty clear that it is poisoning:
The dart like container had a small label on it that read: Wisconsin Sweet Clover Sample #7 Concentrate, 25 MG.

Wouldn't a poisoner be basically a variation on the mad bomber? OTOH, it's possible that there's a town defensive PR. If that's the case, then it sounds like someone chose to protect @Leopold Stotch. Is it plausible that protecting in the night carries over to the day if the NK/action is delayed? Could there be a protective

Well, shit. I meant to delete that last paragraph when I started to realize the implications, and somehow it got posted.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High