Stargate SG-1 "Window of Opportunity" Mafia Game Thread (Game Over)

@Pyrotechnician, it may only be 1 letter. And, you may well have gotten the spelling as you say, referring back to flavor story.

However, I did not encounter the Malikai spelling until I really started reading/researching. And, the ONLY places it is spelled that way are in the wiki, and copy/pasted by Gorny. Since I am not Malikai/Malakai, I dont have any copy pasted info in my role PM. Whereas the role PM for Malakai seems likely to have contained some copied info.

Like I said, it could just be an unfortunate sequence of events. Frankly, your hardball stance is equally suspicious. You dont even acknowledge that it looks bad. "Lets just dismiss it and move on"

Lets say I am caught sleeping with cookie crumbs all over my face next to an empty cookie jar. Even if I am 100% innocent, I would fully expect to get the blame. Maybe the dog ate them on the bed, and I just rolled over in the crumbs?

My attitude is gonna be pretty concilliatory though. "I know this looks bad, but I swear I didnt eat them."

Newbie Q: Rule 13 states no mod kills. Rule 14 describes how you can be killed by the mod. What is a mod kill in rule 13?

Vote: Pyrotechnican

Huckit you seem all too willing to just throw a vote on the pile there. Anything else to add?

@Pyrotechnician, it may only be 1 letter. And, you may well have gotten the spelling as you say, referring back to flavor story.

However, I did not encounter the Malikai spelling until I really started reading/researching. And, the ONLY places it is spelled that way are in the wiki, and copy/pasted by Gorny. Since I am not Malikai/Malakai, I dont have any copy pasted info in my role PM. Whereas the role PM for Malakai seems likely to have contained some copied info.

Like I said, it could just be an unfortunate sequence of events. Frankly, your hardball stance is equally suspicious. You dont even acknowledge that it looks bad. "Lets just dismiss it and move on"

Lets say I am caught sleeping with cookie crumbs all over my face next to an empty cookie jar. Even if I am 100% innocent, I would fully expect to get the blame. Maybe the dog ate them on the bed, and I just rolled over in the crumbs?

My attitude is gonna be pretty concilliatory though. "I know this looks bad, but I swear I didnt eat them."

@D2DC I'm not going to acknowledge that it looks bad because it doesn't? I copied the one of two spellings that the mod posted in the game thread.

You are speculating that I would have went back to my role pm "to copy the right spelling" in order to make a joke post.

Also, I'm not playing hardball. I'm just trying to respond to your acusations and we all know when someone does that it automatically becomes hardball :ROFLMAO:

What we should be focusing on is how to get whatever it is that we need out of the boxes or maybe try and determine how the pick ordering even works. I'd still like to be able to make a box pick even though I'm apparently I'm too late for that party.

PS I'll give you a hint of what my role pm does have in it since I'm apparently already up to 3 votes. It's one of the names in the flavor story and it's not Malalakikiki. I'll give you 6 guesses since that's how many names are in the flavor story.

P.S. @Gorny I'm confirming the rules here. Never been to Kansas or fun make believe land either with flying houses and yellow brick roads. I'm confused here though how did the order of item picking turn into Leo, then D2DC, then D2lover if Leo picked 3, D2 lover picked 6, and D2DC picked an annoying form of 1?

Also I realize I missed the window to bid and that is my own fault here for missing most of yesterday (it was a bad day), just confirming I have no way to gain an item today now? Didn't realize we had a timeline on making a bid, kind of a shame, but if thats the rule, then whatever. I'll be sure to make a bid next time.

Order of item pick was randomly pre-determined:

That is, I used the random shell generator to assign a place in the picking like (right side) to the actual number picked (left side)

1: 2

2: 4

3: 3

4: 6

5: 1

6: 5

First Pick: No. 2

Second Pic: No. 4

Third Pick: No 3

Fourth Pick: No. 6

Fifth Pick: No. 1

Sixth Pick: No. 5

Leopold Stotch picked 3, which assigned to #3
D2lover picked number 6 which was assigned to #4.
D2DC picked 1, which was assigned to "5"

There is no way during this day phase for any other players that have not placed a bid on a number in line of picking order to be able to pick an item.

As to modkill, if there's a ban of any sort, I won't have a choice there. Hopefully this does not happen.

Newbie Q: Rule 13 states no mod kills. Rule 14 describes how you can be killed by the mod. What is a mod kill in rule 13?

Vote: Pyrotechnican

A mod kill is when (normally) a player does something that breaks the rules like editing or does not meet the minimum post requirement and the game mod kills them for it, these players are then out of the game. Role information and alignment may or may not be flipped.

Reactions: HuckIt
As opposed to a "mood kill," which is when you're starting to get frisky with your significant other and the dog passes gas. Which is different from a "moo kill," which usually happens in more rural areas.

Glad to help.

• Haha
Reactions: Leopold Stotch
As opposed to a "mood kill," which is when you're starting to get frisky with your significant other and the dog passes gas. Which is different from a "moo kill," which usually happens in more rural areas.

Glad to help.

You must have much experience with gassy situations like that. Sorry, could not resist the pun. Carry on.

Huckit you seem all too willing to just throw a vote on the pile there. Anything else to add?
If you had been paying careful attention, I havnt legally voted for anyone, after “malaikai gate” I figured I’d check and see how carefully you were paying attention. As I screwed up and failed to get an item, I at least need to join in poking you rather than thinking about Noodle getting mood killed by a dog than cow...

@D2DC, oddly specific, what kind of cookies?

Any theories as to why Pyro was targeted? He was fairly vocal, but didn't seem to me to be going after anyone in particular.

Votecount 1.1:

Pyrotechnician: 1 (D2lover)

Last edited:
A lot of times in these games I feel like I'm the only one really moving things forward.

Indeed strange.

Why would someone stun him when he's about to defend himself?

Or it was a deadly shot but the power of M protects him.(unlikely, but possible, as items are one win condition)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High