[Game Thread] Narcos Mafia Game reboot - Medellín vs Cali Cartel

I don't see the benefit of claiming now. Nobody know who is what and everyone is just going to lie. So what is the point?
i concur. This is still mafia. We still need to find a Guinea pig to poke.

I don't see the benefit of claiming now. Nobody know who is what and everyone is just going to lie. So what is the point?
Well if everybody lies, there will still be a team of 4 and a team of 5. Cali members will be declared as Medellin, and Medellin ones as Cali...but the DEA will still be the 5th.

Anyway, if the DEA is not to be targeted, then it is a bad idea. As it may be a bad idea anyway, but I try to think about how to get some info on day 1...

Well if everybody lies, there will still be a team of 4 and a team of 5. Cali members will be declared as Medellin, and Medellin ones as Cali...but the DEA will still be the 5th.

Anyway, if the DEA is not to be targeted, then it is a bad idea. As it may be a bad idea anyway, but I try to think about how to get some info on day 1...
it'd still be a guess on who's the odd one on that team.

Yes: but you go from 1 out of 9 to one out of 5.
Yeah. If we did not lynch today, it would be like a n1 start. This time, though, we have limited information going into the next day.

Is there any point to role claiming in this game?

Claim DEA agent - both cartel teams target you
Claim member of one of the cartel teams - opposing cartel team and DEA target you

Perhaps it might be more feasible to claim cartel if that cartel team has a greater numbers advantage later in the game.

Is there any point to role claiming in this game?

Claim DEA agent - both cartel teams target you
Claim member of one of the cartel teams - opposing cartel team and DEA target you

Perhaps it might be more feasible to claim cartel if that cartel team has a greater numbers advantage later in the game.
My thought exactly. It makes no sense when we're even numbers. But after a death or two, claiming might be the way to go.
Mind you, we will not know the cartel faction if we lynch a sicario, but then, that would also be too easy

To complete my thoughts...
the issue is the imbalance between the two cartels...
- either one has to be sacrificed in the 5-team, then pick in the same team until DEA is found...but that's a tough sacrifice for the cartel
- or the 5-team decides to lynch the opposite cartel, and afterwards only finds the DEA - what you were suggesting.

Maybe there's a way to find a balance somewhere, but honestly right now I don't see how...

Also it is of the interest of both clans to find the DEA. So it could be a pax druganica until DEA is dead...

There's a flaw in this reasoning, being that the 4-team is under the menace of heavy lynching...
Given @D2DC's penchant for the statistical, I've been trying to get my head around this, but it's not clear to me yet.

Since no faction has >50% of the players, revealing factions now may not be useful for the cartels. Remember, any info you get by revealing is also gained by the DEA. If you were DEA, wouldn't you want to know who is in each cartel? If DEA already knows that, then revealing may be useful, but the wiki doesn't suggest what the anarchist knows. I'd assume that the DEA doesn't know that. Is that worth the trade off?

Also, it seems to me that some faction must have investigatory power (to prevent a stalemate). If one cartel has it, then so does the other, but also the DEA could, as @Zhao_Yue pointed out earlier.

Maybe we should think of this more jn the theme of the series.

It's really not far fetched that the DEA has a investigation ability. Not for every night, I think that would be OP. But maybe a one shot investigation or something.

Same with the cartel.. they/infamous for having police in their pocket and pay them receive information. Maybe there is an ability like that, but jn a investigation kind of ability suited for a mafia game.

I would think that the abilities are mirrored, what the one cartel has the other has as well.

But on the other hand, considering this is a open setup where we know all the roles that are in this game, maybe we are just overthinking it and the abilities we can gather from the wiki, is what is in play here. Reading some of the old game threads from the mafia forum, it worked fine without anymore spice added to it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High