[Game Thread] Narcos Mafia Game reboot - Medellín vs Cali Cartel

When you say him, you mean the DEA agent? So you are advocating generating less information?

Reading the rest of your post, seems you are still roleplaying jester from the last game. If we are on the same cartel team, I'm not sure if that would be helpful.
Alright, so *maybe* the style isn't straight enough, but that's not anything like jestering here. You can reword it simply as it is:
- DEA needs information
- no talk is therefore the best strategy to lock him up
- hence we will not be talking for days
- and the game is locked.

Let me be as clear as possible: we can't just make that -_-

If you prefer a more direct style, so be it, I'll (try to) separate fun and thoughts ;-)

The alternative is the lynch each day, and if we go for less information, it will be based upon pure luck. And the risk cannot be taken by any of the cartel, as in this situation:
- a cartel leader voted out will have to reveal to try to protect himself, which is not possible as he reveals himself to the DEA, and leaves the victory to the other cartel leader or DEA
- a guard shortens the list of possible targets of the DEA, but that's obvious so not of much interest
- the DEA will pretend to be something else, most probably a guard, and well he may not be followed as anyone will be a guard except the cartel leaders. That can't state anything else than saying they are guards and hide, see first possibility.

So it's a 1 out of 9, 1 out of 8, 1 out of 7 chances to have both cartels happy with a lynch result... and if it turns out that a cartel leader is chosen, sorry buddy, DEA happy, for this cartel end of the story.

My bet is that there are some investigating roles, or something to generate information. Or it may be more interesting to go for lynch.

Let's see how things are going for this first day.

I agree that continuing the crusade rp isn’t going to help this game as one shot could wipe 5 players. (Applause for last game, @Babyhell)

I would think: the goons know who their leaders are and wouldn’t vote them out; the leaders know their goons and may sacrifice, the DErAt agent knows who everyone else is except for the leaders.

I glanced through one of the games and that one didn’t have a night phase, only a period where the mod counted votes then new day started after lynch. Were there no night abilities in those games? Would there be night abilities here besides the nks?

I agree that continuing the crusade rp isn’t going to help this game as one shot could wipe 5 players. (Applause for last game, @Babyhell)

I would think: the goons know who their leaders are and wouldn’t vote them out; the leaders know their goons and may sacrifice, the DErAt agent knows who everyone else is except for the leaders.

I glanced through one of the games and that one didn’t have a night phase, only a period where the mod counted votes then new day started after lynch. Were there no night abilities in those games? Would there be night abilities here besides the nks?
If the DEA knows who everyone is except the two bosses, then he also know who the bosses are. The game would be over.. right now actually since they would just use two of their kills right away, at the two people they don't know who are.

@Skjolde i think he meant he knows who are the cartel members, whereas cartel members don't know who he is.

Anyway, see you later!
Exactly. And if DEA knows who the cartel members are besides the bosses. Then he only don't know who two people are, and can figure out those are the bosses?

What am I not understanding? Because this is so obviously not true, so coju must be meaning something else.

I think no night phase in the format linked jn the wiki makes sense. I might also add that the mafia forum have wildly different lengths of night and days than here on this forum.

Exactly. And if DEA knows who the cartel members are besides the bosses. Then he only don't know who two people are, and can figure out those are the bosses?

What am I not understanding? Because this is so obviously not true, so coju must be meaning something else.
Alright, I was meaning cartel members in a large way, i.e. including the bosses:
Cartel members = boss + sicarios

That's what I meant. Pretty sure that's what @coju meant.

I think no night phase in the format linked jn the wiki makes sense. I might also add that the mafia forum have wildly different lengths of night and days than here on this forum.
This night phase makes me think that something must happen during them, if not why @D2DC would have added it?

My pov is that there will be no NK, as a lucky shot kills a whole cartel.

D2DC is a player who likes to think and make his brain works (i mean, when it is 🔥 possible 🔥 ). So I'm thinking about some mechanics that must generate information during this phase.

Investigation roles - maybe the DEA will be able to investigate each night one player, have a reveal on a player cartel membership...And probably something on the cartel side too.

Does that sound D2DCish or should I plan to host a game myself using this idea?

What babyhell said. The dea knows everyone else needs to die. Dea is basically serial killer with special win con

Makes perfect sense. Should have gotten my morning coffee before spewing nonsense

Bingo Skjolde hit the nail right on the head. The DEA agent is opposed to the other 8 cartel members and to that player, lynching any of the 8 would be a benefit. A cartel member lynching someone runs the risk of killing a teammate.

I propose both our teams work together to try to find and kill the DEA agent.
Wait, Skjolde's first name is "Bingo" and we're not going to talk about it? What is wrong with you people?

Alright, so *maybe* the style isn't straight enough, but that's not anything like jestering here. You can reword it simply as it is:
- DEA needs information
- no talk is therefore the best strategy to lock him up
- hence we will not be talking for days
- and the game is locked.

Let me be as clear as possible: we can't just make that -_-

If you prefer a more direct style, so be it, I'll (try to) separate fun and thoughts ;-)

The alternative is the lynch each day, and if we go for less information, it will be based upon pure luck. And the risk cannot be taken by any of the cartel, as in this situation:
- a cartel leader voted out will have to reveal to try to protect himself, which is not possible as he reveals himself to the DEA, and leaves the victory to the other cartel leader or DEA
- a guard shortens the list of possible targets of the DEA, but that's obvious so not of much interest
- the DEA will pretend to be something else, most probably a guard, and well he may not be followed as anyone will be a guard except the cartel leaders. That can't state anything else than saying they are guards and hide, see first possibility.

So it's a 1 out of 9, 1 out of 8, 1 out of 7 chances to have both cartels happy with a lynch result... and if it turns out that a cartel leader is chosen, sorry buddy, DEA happy, for this cartel end of the story.

My bet is that there are some investigating roles, or something to generate information. Or it may be more interesting to go for lynch.

Let's see how things are going for this first day.
Your performance in the last game really made an impression on me. Anytime I see the name BabyHell, I see pictures of jesters dancing in my head.

I was actually throwing that idea around in my head, playing chicken with the DEA agent. The cartel players would not push for a lynch and the DEA agent would hold onto his limited NK's. The game would stall out and who would blink first?

But then you brought up a good observation if the DEA agent has investigation powers. A prolonged, stalled game would benefit him, as he could just check out each player each night until he finds a boss then use his NK.

Coju what is your thoughts of a D1 lynch?
Lynches move the game along. It’s a chance to net the dea agent.

I understand the hesitation to not. Especially since we don’t know who’s team lynched is hitting. Since there WitP doesn’t show allegiance: “All guards are revealed as Guard instead of Alpha Guard or Beta Guard. This is done to conceal who was guarding who to all layers until the game is over.”

Your thoughts were no d1 lynch?

Maybe? I'm getting some weird vibes, let's just leave it at that for now.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High