Who's had Covid?

Well of course not silly. The fourth arm has to grow first. ;)

Reactions: jmervyn
Is that good news or bad news?

Depends on the number of toes.

I only want them if they're prehensile. My back is stiffening in my old age.

Question for the Panel.

If (as has been widely reported) the vaccine:
  • Can reduce the symptoms in mild to moderate cases of CV-19
  • Is unproven wrt serious cases of CV-19
  • Does not reduce the transmissibility of CV-19
  • Does not prevent the catching of CV-19
Would the Panel not agree that the question of whether one receives a vaccine (whose long-term effects are necessarily unknown) is, or should be, a matter of personal choice and should not be made compulsory (either explicitly or de facto)?

Reactions: Glurin
Are you an anti-vaxxer?

I think covid is not terrible enough to justify a compulsory vaccination, like we had with smallpox until 1980 IIRC. However, I'm fine with restrictions being decreased or lifted for those who are vaccinated, but not before everybody had a chance for receiving one. Until then, I expect solidarity, else we would have brawls and riots about getting a better place in the waiting queue.

Yeah, that's pretty much always been my position on it. Leave it up to personal choice, especially with it being so new and untested, which is an unfortunate necessity given there simply isn't time to do so. What some of the more hysterical people don't seem to understand is that we don't actually need 100% global vaccination. We just need to hit that herd immunity threshold. And honestly, we'd be well past that just with people volunteering to get it.

I really don't like the idea of service restrictions and "vaccine passports" though. Aside from some rather dark places such things can very easilly lead to that I won't go into here, they just aren't needed. Again, just be upfront and honest with people and you'll have more than enough volunteers.

I also think the U.S. is handling the distribution all wrong. For starters, apparently we've been trying to store one dose for every dose given out because you need the second dose as a booster. I forget the exact numbers but the first dose gets you to something like 75 or 80 percent immunity and the second will get you to 95. The problem is the shelf life isn't very long, and a whole lot of doses are just going to waste. New York especially since they decided the vaccine has to go through a bunch of extra scrutiny before being given out. Furthermore, that booster will have the same effect even if it's given months or a year after the recommended date.

So instead of trying to store a refrigerated warehouse full of second doses that will probably expire before they can be distributed, why not try to get as many people the first dose as possible? So instead of a thousand people with 80% immunity and a thousand with none just so in a couple of months you can have a thousand at 95% and a thousand at none, you could give out the first dose to everyone and have two thousand with 80%.

If what I'm hearing about how Isreal is doing it is true, I'd kinda like to see something closer to that. They prioritize the higher risk individuals, naturally, but they are also going so far as to bring people in off the street. "Hey, did you get your vaccine yet? No? Well why don't you come on in. It'll only take a few minutes. What do you say?" This way they can get to herd immunity as in as short a time as possible.

If what I'm hearing about how Isreal is doing it is true, I'd kinda like to see something closer to that. They prioritize the higher risk individuals, naturally, but they are also going so far as to bring people in off the street. "Hey, did you get your vaccine yet? No? Well why don't you come on in. It'll only take a few minutes. What do you say?" This way they can get to herd immunity as in as short a time as possible.
I believe they referred to that as the "hey, pizza guy!" model. Seriously.

It's far better than my media-beloved Governor, Andrew "The Prince of Darkness" Cuomo. You won't hear it, but the evil fecker is STILL trying to run away from how many old people he murdered, and his staff is now trying to blame Trump because they didn't want Trump to catch them murdering old folks, as he would use it to torpedo Andy's political aspirations and maybe even sic the Department of Justice on the staffers criminally responsible for tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

I skit you not. As I said, you won't hear about it - ever - unless Vice President Poon feels that Andy is threatening her aspiration for re-election in 2024 (or more likely, her second Presidential term).

Please, we all know that if Trump hadn't been elected, they'd still be blaming Bush for every problem.

Reactions: jmervyn
Vice President Poon? Seriously Merv?

Reactions: snickersnack
My sister and her family has it. So far her husband and youngest kid have been hospitalized but released the following day.

Not to be a vaxhole but I was able to get my 2nd shot last Friday. My 5G is working so much better now.

I just got my second dose of the Pfizer vax, so I look forward to feeling like garbage tomorrow!

Last edited:
My sister and her family has it. So far her husband and youngest kid have been hospitalized but released the following day.

Not to be a vaxhole but I was able to get my 2nd shot last Friday. My 5G is working so much better now.
I'm still on 4g until the pfizer firmware releases. ( . .)

Waiting for further updates on the blood clots before going in for mine. No choice what vaccine you get and it's predominantly AstaZenica here. Would rather get jabbed with the Moderna or Pfizer if I had the choice due to the type of vaccines they are.

Waiting for further updates on the blood clots before going in for mine. No choice what vaccine you get and it's predominantly AstaZenica here. Would rather get jabbed with the Moderna or Pfizer if I had the choice due to the type of vaccines they are.
30 cases of thromboembolic events among 5 million vaccinated in Europe up to March 10th. That number is no higher than the number seen in the general population.

Are they connected? Maybe but I'd say the benefit far outweighs the risk.

30 cases of thromboembolic events among 5 million vaccinated in Europe up to March 10th. That number is no higher than the number seen in the general population.

Are they connected? Maybe but I'd say the benefit far outweighs the risk.
Yep it does outweigh the risk. But I have a risk factor and considering it's likely people will have to be vaccinated every year for some time, that risk is increased.

One of the sadder things I read this morning. According to FOX news, the 3rd stimulus cheque lifted 16 million Americans out of poverty. A fourth payment would lift a further 12 million out of poverty.

Do it! But this time triple the payment and give it only to anyone earning under 30K.

Reactions: snickersnack
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High