The wonderful what are you listening to thread

She certainly is easy on the eyes.

Reactions: Babyhell
@jmervyn Here's an analysis of Rammstein's Deutschand by a US opera singer, perhaps it's of interest for you:

@jmervyn Here's an analysis of Rammstein's Deutschand by a US opera singer, perhaps it's of interest for you:

Can't say I particularly liked her commentary, but don't forget I'm a "Philistine". However, the song kinda grows on me.

I suppose this song struck me because I first saw it on video rather than only aurally.

Kinda the reason I liked this (inspired by Blade Runner), which was apparently a failure on the charts...

@jmervyn: In general, I don't like Rammstein's music, but I like their "Deutschland" a lot. It's more heavy metal than that they usually do, but that's not the main reason. When I heard it first (which was when you posted it in the old OTF BTW), it struck me that their lyrics are an almost exact match regarding what I think about my fatherland and the video is among the best music videos I've ever seen. Rammstein were very professional at it and haven't been stingy about its production. It's awesome!

In case you don't understand all of its lyrics, here's a video with a translation:

Reactions: jmervyn
In case you don't understand all of its lyrics, here's a video with a translation:
I actually understood a good amount the first time around, and had found a video w/ translation though I can't recall if it was this one.

Some Spanish language songs are FAR harder to grasp, surprisingly - I imagine it's because of the degree of slang used.

I believe Richie Valens once admitted that half of "La Bamba" was gibberish; he didn't even speak the language well.

Lingua Ignota dropped a new album a week or so ago and I haven't been able to stop listening to it. I don't really have the words to describe the album in detail except to say that it's one of the most soul-crushing, demented, horrifying... and yet strangely beautiful things I've listened to in several years. Those of you who don't mind stepping outside of your musical comfort zones should really consider giving this one a go. The whole album can be listened to on Bandcamp or Youtube.

A couple highlights:

Pennsylvania Furnace

"Do you want to be in hell with me
I know you want to stop but you canā€™t stop
Iā€™ve watched you alone
In the home where you live with your family
And all that Iā€™ve learned is everything burns"

Jesus Christ. šŸ˜¢

I Who Bend the Tall Grasses

Last edited:
A very pleasant surprise popped up on Youtube this morning:

Radiohead is re-releasing Kid A and Amnesiac together with a third disc of unreleased tracks. I absolutely love both albums and am super excited for this!

My favourite Led Zeppelin song:

This one is awesome, too:

I'm probably more of a Pink Floyd fan regarding the Rock genre and Led Zeppelin is a bit too much psychedelic to my taste, but Kashmir is outstanding, enormous, gorgeous!

Edit: Here's the studio version:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tragedy and Dredd
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High