The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: Red Alert! (Spring/Summer OT Thread)

I thought dredd was back and re-greened now anyway? Maybe he should start a rival OT thread...

Dredd has an entire OT Forum to tend to :laugh: That extra thread in the Community wouldn't make much of a difference to him :cool:

I hate spring.. I hate flowers...and trees. Allergies ftl.

I don't know about Sweden but here in Missouri it has been all four seasons in the last week. It was 76 on Sunday at 2 PM and then it snowed/icy rained around midnight. How is that even possible?
We've had that in Calgary many times before, where we've seen four seasons in one day. One of dad's friends were visiting from Hong Kong, and he said it was one of the weirdest things he's ever seen. The day started off pretty nippy and it was windy as hell, then the sun came out and it was pretty nice for a while, then it started snowing like a biznatch. And before you knew it, it was incredibly hot for the rest of the day.

Greetings all, I'm new to this thread. :wave:

Anything I need to know? :scratch:

I thought the Groundhog saw his shadow this year. That means that this thread is about 2 weeks early.

People here very rarely use seasons to refer to periods of time, they just name the specific months. Eg, they wouldn't say "I'm going on holidays this summer", they'd say "I'm going on holidays in December/January/February/whatever". I never know what season it is.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! First page post

*goes to user CP, puts posts per page to the max...*

I don't know about Sweden but here in Missouri it has been all four seasons in the last week. It was 76 on Sunday at 2 PM and then it snowed/icy rained around midnight. How is that even possible?

Its somewhat that way here to. But this year we hardly had any real winter at all. but the tempature is going up and down like crazy.

I like spring so i hope it gets stable soon:thumbsup:

(this is my first OT-thread post ever, :grin:)

People here very rarely use seasons to refer to periods of time, they just name the specific months. Eg, they wouldn't say "I'm going on holidays this summer", they'd say "I'm going on holidays in December/January/February/whatever". I never know what season it is.
Um...people in Australia are weird then. Seasons are definitely used.

The seasons change on the equinoxes/solstices. See chart on right. The seasons aren't really tied to the weather; the weather is tied to the seasons. Anyone who says that spring was short or winter was long is misusing the word. Really, they mean something like "the weather we normally think of as spring time weather did not occur as long as we expected it to this year."

Seasons are overrated. Here in the midwest we get 5 months of winter and 5 month of summer, so it's frickin' cold or blazin' hot for 10 months and nice for 2. And that's when I do all my yard work.

Dredd has an entire OT Forum to tend to :laugh: That extra thread in the Community wouldn't make much of a difference to him :cool:

Well if you want to get technical about it, we do have a "rival" OT thread over yonder. Theoretically, it's supposed to help cut down on threadjacking and spam (or so I was told). I just nodded and smiled.

There is threadjacking and spam in the OTF??? Say it ain't so.

Besides, wouldn't an off topic thread in the off topic forum actually mean on topic??

Well if you want to get technical about it, we do have a "rival" OT thread over yonder. Theoretically, it's supposed to help cut down on threadjacking and spam (or so I was told). I just nodded and smiled.

Just more of the same over yonder.

Seasons are overrated. Here in the midwest we get 5 months of winter and 5 month of summer, so it's frickin' cold or blazin' hot for 10 months and nice for 2. And that's when I do all my yard work.

When I was a little kid we had like 2-3 months summer and 5-6 months winter, but now it begins to be 5-6 months summer and 2-3 months winter. I will miss the snow. :hanky:

Where I live I have around 5 months of winter, but the winter is transmuted to constant rain, thanks to Global Warming. No a particular improvement.

nobody has ever spammed in that thread. :liar:

Yay spring. Its gonna be a most excellent one here. Today it was 7 degree Cel. Almost awesome.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High