Police Shooting Thread

superdave

Mar 14, 2004
So police are increasing security in several US cities ahead of the Derek Chauvin murder verdict. I saw some pics and video last night of police targeting journalists with chemical weapons. Either way, this doesn't have a happy ending.

It doesn't help the situation in Minneapolis much that police shot and killed another man, Daunte Wright during a traffic stop.

In another police shooting, Sean Hannity described the victim, Adam Toledo, as a 13 year old MAN. WTF? The Kenosha shooter, Kyle Rittenhouse, a white 17 year old was called a 17 year old boy by Hannity.

Last edited:
On a happier note, it's been 60 days since Rush Limbaugh said something racist and hateful - didn't think he had it in him!

• Haha
Reactions: superdave
On a happier note, it's been 60 days since Rush Limbaugh said something racist and hateful - didn't think he had it in him!
Rush is living in Southern Hell™ as a black man circa 1820 picking cotton under the hot sun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodle
What doesn't help the situation is Maxine Waters traveling to Minnesota in order to once again incite violence and demand mob justice.

Nor does it help when immediately after the city manager announced that the cop who accidentally shot Wright would receive due process, the mayor fired that person and took direct control of the police department, then charged the officer with manslaughter.

Nor does it help when the media plays these incidents up like they are an epidemic that occurs hundreds of times a day when in reality the data just does not support that conclusion at all and in fact shows the exact opposite is happening.

Nor does calling these riots anything but riots.

Nor does irrationally and falsely labeling every single incident involving a black person being shot by a cop or white person as racism.

The New York Times, yesterday, chimed in about Chauvin's murder trial:

"Since testimony began on March 29, at least 64 people have died at the hands of law enforcement nationwide, with Black and Latino people representing more than half of the dead. As of Saturday, the average was more than three killings a day."

But in your mind, the real issue is that some people have a problem with this? Why do you hate Americans so much?

What doesn't help the situation is Maxine Waters traveling to Minnesota in order to once again incite violence and demand mob justice.

Nor does it help when immediately after the city manager announced that the cop who accidentally shot Wright would receive due process, the mayor fired that person and took direct control of the police department, then charged the officer with manslaughter.

Nor does it help when the media plays these incidents up like they are an epidemic that occurs hundreds of times a day when in reality the data just does not support that conclusion at all and in fact shows the exact opposite is happening.

Nor does calling these riots anything but riots.

Nor does irrationally and falsely labeling every single incident involving a black person being shot by a cop or white person as racism.
But you can't deny, there are good people on both sides even if some of them are a little too uppity and don't know their place. Amirite?

Closing arguments in the Chauvin trial are set for Monday.

"Since testimony began on March 29, at least 64 people have died at the hands of law enforcement nationwide, with Black and Latino people representing more than half of the dead. As of Saturday, the average was more than three killings a day."

But in your mind, the real issue is that some people have a problem with this?
Yes. It is a false narrative. All this destruction and death is the result of a lie that police departments across the nation are just a branch of the KKK. Since these riots began and virtue signaling bureaucrats started calling for defunding of the police, crime has skyrocketed. Murder is up over 50% in these cities while arrests are down by over 30%.

Here's the reality, Noodle. Black people only make up roughly 25% fatal of police shootings in recent years. The overwhelming majority of which are justified. And of all these shootings, you're talking maybe in the thirties for total number who were unarmed, both white and black together. No, not 30%. I mean a total number between 30 and 40 at the high end over five years out of hundreds of millions of contacts with police officers. Furthermore, police shootings overall are dramatically down from what they were fifty years ago. Now you may argue that 25% black is still higher than their share of the population, which is true. But it is also true that they make up significantly higher percentages of those who commit crimes. Take, for example, the recent rise in anti asian hate crimes. Nation wide I think the number is just over 40% last I heard, but in some areas, the perpetrator being black accounts for as much as 80% of the incidents. I don't know what the **** is going on there, but it's definitely significant and it sure as hell blows a gigantic, gaping hole in your white supremacist fantasy world.

If anything, they are probably there to prevent the church from being burned down by the rioters.

If anything, they are probably there to prevent the church from being burned down by the rioters.
I thought that America had a police problem but after reading your replies, I think that America has a Murica problem...too many Americans like you live there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ioupain
Riiigght. The problem isn't people throwing bricks and molotovs. It's all those darn Americans living in America. :rolleyes:

Just the ones like you.

I see. So because I haven't burned down any buildings or killed anybody and refuse to judge people based on skin color or religion, I'm the problem. Not the people who only need "black man killed by cop" to justify turning Portland into a war zone.

Chauvin trial verdict will be read in the next half hour to hour. They are waiting to clear workers at the courthouse. A verdict that fast can only be GUILTY.

If they find him guilty of murder, it shows just how effective and dangerous jury intimidation can be, and how far the justice system has fallen. They just barely dodged a mistrial as a result of the rioters and Waters and now Biden. The defense has a really good case to win an appeal if he's found guilty.

No, it will show that justice works if 12 people sitting on a jury find him guilty.

So they decided to sacrifice him to the mob after all.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High