Movies Thread

I'd rather watch Green Lantern again....twice.

Green Lantern was alright. Wasn't great, but I've seen worse.

Then again, I once almost managed to sit through a whole two thirds of an Uwe Boll film, which probably raised my tolerance for bad movies.

One thing as an old guy which I honestly can't understand is why someone would pay for "Disney Plus", or any other streaming subscription service for that matter.

I mean, I'll pay to support content or content providers, and I know some people have the money to burn on Cable sports or package deals like HBO... but $80 yearly for only Disney/Star Wars/Marvel/NatGeo content? I'd rather buy DVD's, or watch through... er, other methods.

My supervisor is a hard-core Star Wars guy but he only watched The Mandalorian when he was at the house of a relative ( who provided content for two children ).

Reactions: Glurin
Wonder Woman 1984 was so awful that I'm embarrassed to admit I've seen it. What a waste of Gal Gadot.

Speaking of wastes, the word on the streets right now is that Superman is getting rebooted with JJ Abrams and without Henry Cavill. I feel bad for DC fans but I'm also glad I was a Marvel kid.

Then again, I once almost managed to sit through a whole two thirds of an Uwe Boll film, which probably raised my tolerance for bad movies.
You're ready to ascend to the plane of Neil Breen, my son. Prepare thy braincells. 🤪

One thing as an old guy which I honestly can't understand is why someone would pay for "Disney Plus", or any other streaming subscription service for that matter.
While I don't pay yearly, I sub to Britbox periodically for classic Doctor Who. 7 bux for endless binging without having to handle my blu-rays is worth it, IMO.

Reactions: Glurin and jmervyn
While I don't pay yearly, I sub to Britbox periodically for classic Doctor Who. 7 bux for endless binging without having to handle my blu-rays is worth it, IMO.
I suppose it has to do with my relative "impoverished" state, combined with a lack of leisure time... I've got Netflix (just finished my first re-watch of Breaking Bad) but not Hulu or any others. Guess I just prefer to have my own original media & load it onto the computer myself.

I haven't set up a DIY NAS device but that's probably next on the "to do" list.

I used to watch stuff on Hulu all the time. That ended the moment they went subscription only, though by that point I was already drifting away because they had squeezed so many ads into their content that it became too intrusive and distracting to watch anything. Subs are only tolerable if you've got a lot of disposable income, and even then it's not the best choice financially unless you watch a lot of stuff.

Also I still prefer to own a physical disc that I can watch whenever I want, even if streaming it is more convenient sometimes.

Reactions: jmervyn
Also I still prefer to own a physical disc that I can watch whenever I want, even if streaming it is more convenient sometimes.
Ditto for my preference for hardcover books (paperbacks at a minimum).

Captain Fantastic. 2 thumbs up. Has a great Guns & Roses cover performed during a cremation.

Last edited:
The Snyder Cut....

...Worth it.

That's all I'm going to say.

Feel free to go down that rabbit hole by yourself.
Pfft - as if I have time to waste my precognitive blessings on who's going to succeed in Hollywood? I'm more interested in making sure I can anticipate the stock market!

Pfft - as if I have time to waste my precognitive blessings on who's going to succeed in Hollywood? I'm more interested in making sure I can anticipate the stock market!

Precognitive? Blessings?

I just spit my beer.

Precognitive? Blessings?

I just spit my beer.
Mock the Lord's gifts all you like. I knew Sarah Palin would be John McCain's Veep selection.

If I'd invested in Novell when God told me to I wouldn't have a mortgage today!

Are there any good Sci-fi movies out there that aren't part of a universe i.e Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel etc.?

Bonus points if its on Amazon prime or netflix

Plenty, but kinda depends on what you're looking for. Sci-fi actually covers quite a range of different themes. Not just superheros and space wars. Back to the Future and Jurassic Park are both science fiction movies, for example.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High