Make America Goo Again [Game Thread]

@D2DC In all seriousness, you need to proof read and amend/correct your rules to fit your game before you start it.

7A (Revised) A majority vote of the total number of players left alive in the game is required for an elimination. One extra vote (in situations where there are enough players causes a lock, meaning that player will be eliminarted and cannot be unvoted. Example: With 7 Alive, 4 votes are needed for an elimination to occur, 5 votes will cause a lock. In a situation where 3 players are alive, 2 votes will cause an elimination, however there will be no lock as there aren't enough left alive to cause a lock to occur. In this situation voting and unvoting may still occur. [/quote[

You have 5 playing so in this case only 5 are alive at this point. This means that 3 votes is a majority for a lynch and 4 would lock, if you are requiring locks in this game.

@Gorny thats correct. 3 votes for majority/elimination, and 4 votes would be a lock (no more unvoting). Unless I am missing something?

You have rule 7a quoted verbatim from the last gamer, which creates a discrepancy. :)

Also I am interested which power the mafia player(s) has, he has to have something good, but what if there are no NKs?
[/QUOTE]

The first post says there are no night kills. It also says the game has the goo mechanics, after reading some of the goo mechanics most of them are "reactive" powers as in once someone interacts with the "goo" person, something happens. There is also mention of an "Orange" goo as a type. I'm not sure if we can assume the oragne goo is specifically in this game based on the title but the power would fit the theme:

Orange Goo: You will steal the vote of anyone who targets you for the rest of the game.

There is also a goo that works similar to a cult in which the power has a recruiting type function:

Black Goo: Whenever a player targets you with an action, they will join your cult as another black goo regardless of their original team.

Even though there are no night kills, depending on how this "goo" thing functions or how D2DC modified it to function and fit the way he wants it to work for the game I think straight up assuming we can just random vote and win would be a faulty conclusion.

@Gorny thats correct. 3 votes for majority/elimination, and 4 votes would be a lock (no more unvoting). Unless I am missing something?

You have rule 7a quoted verbatim from the last gamer, which creates a discrepancy. :)

Gorny is playing symantics with the wording. Last game we had 7 players so the example had the breakdown for 7 players. This game we have 5 players, so hes saying the example should have been updated to show the breakdown for 5 players. Its still the same rule, he is just being picky.

Reactions: D2DC
At this rate we're going to end the day in a no lynch.

I could randomly toss a vote on someone but it won't help eliminate anyone.

Pyro was away, and from what little he posted I can't draw any conclusions, be it anything scummy or not. A vote here makes it two on Pyro, if i place one on him, which gives our prospective scum a chance to jump in and drop a third vote.

Noodle is playing the Noodle angle, as usual. A vote on Noodle will make it two, just like as with Pyro, potentially giving a chance for scum to jump in and seal it with a third vote.

D2Dc is the mod and he's unkillable.

Huckit is the same vote wise as Noodle and Pyro, a vote by me puts him at two, which gives scum a chance to jump in.

D2over, i can't get a read on him. To me the setup speccing with the votes and chances seems slightly scummy so..

Vote: D2lover

All the while, I'm waiting on people to show up and something to happen, just sitting here eating my bowl of plain ice cream.

** End of D1 **

It is now night. No more posts.

Final Vote count:
Code:
1. Gorny
2. Noodle - 1 (Pyro)
3. Pyro - 1 (Huckit)
4. Huckit - 1 (d2lover)
5. d2lover - 1 (Gorny)
D1 has ended with no elimination. Please submit any night actions by PM. Countdown till start of D2.

I moved the end of night/start of day to 10pm EST. Not sure what everybodys time zones are, so I dont want to move it much. But, 11pm is kinda late for me to be posting updates.. Let me know if this is an issue for anybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuckIt
Seems so.

Things is, I don't trust flying spaghetti monsters...it's the eyes and all.

** Absentee Voting **

I intended this to be a surprise reveal should the situation occur. But, now I am realizing, it could seriously affect gameplay/interactions..

If there becomes a deadlock in voting (like 1vs1..), the eliminated player(s) will be casting the deciding vote. Survivor style!

** Absentee Voting **

I intended this to be a surprise reveal should the situation occur. But, now I am realizing, it could seriously affect gameplay/interactions..

If there becomes a deadlock in voting (like 1vs1..), the eliminated player(s) will be casting the deciding vote. Survivor style!

I'm against that idea. As it was not first clearly stated in the rules, and it can alter the outcome of the game. Especially not far if the dead have any access to information about the games rules or mechanics that those still playing do not.

Wait, so if its 1v1 or 2v2, how does this change impact this rule?

7A (Revised) A majority vote of the total number of players left alive in the game is required for an elimination. One extra vote (in situations where there are enough players causes a lock, meaning that player will be eliminarted and cannot be unvoted. Example: With 7 Alive, 4 votes are needed for an elimination to occur, 5 votes will cause a lock. In a situation where 3 players are alive, 2 votes will cause an elimination, however there will be no lock as there aren't enough left alive to cause a lock to occur. In this situation voting and unvoting may still occur.

7B. The 50 % Rule: The game will be called and end early if, the remaining mafia out number the town, IE, the town can’t get enough votes in to cause an elimination

I guess the game won't be called if its 1v1 or 2v2?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High