Mafia Theorycrafting

Gorny

Staff member
Mar 16, 2020
Anyone want to toss around ideas on new roles, role variants, mechanics to add to our games?

Discussion and balance can be had here.

I have a new mechanic that I'd like to try out on the next game. Would prefer to keep it a surprise though to keep everyone on their toes..

Perhaps I'll just post a "fair warning" in the signup thread. :unsure:

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
I think this has already been done years ago, but having times based on us: Ankeli the Tree Stump, Myself as a Useless Spammer. We could have a Babyhell Crusader and they post in lyrical ballads with flames or something. 😂 Gorny role is a sniper or something.

I have an idea based off the game Dead of Winter. I really want to do this for a Mafia game down the road, but I really need to think about mechanics and such. I do know that it would not be a traditional mafia game: more like the board game and we have to survive a zombie apocalpyse. Morale depends on the players and if low enough, players will "lynch" each other to keep the zombies at bay. There will be roles like doc and cop. I want to add in a couple of gun-type roles (Vig or Bulletproof types) and items.

If it works out, would love to host another based off of Betrayal at House on the Hill. That one would deal with insanity points and a possible backstabber.

Again, not any time soon as I would need to do some research and studying.

Sniper

Night Vig that can't be tracked.
With a poisoned bullet that kills around midday.

that gives me an idea - Im going to think up some roles based on individual players.

Last edited:
Ankeli - Tree Stump

Leopold Stotch - Impish Role Blocker or Role Stopper.

Pyrotechnician - Godfather effect, always shows as "innocent" even if scum.

D2DC - Cop. But with completely random (Normal, insane, flavor, etc) every night.

Noodle - Causes a random redirect of any investigation.

Bad Ash - Bus Driver

Babyhell - One shot double vote for the crusade.

I've had a spin-off idea for this game banging around in my skull for over ten years but I'm always so busy with other projects that I know I'll never host it myself - and if I tried I wouldn't do it justice.

To describe it would reveal too much but @Gorny is devious and evil and @Leopold Stotch is a damn good storyteller so I may pass the idea off to them and see what they might do with it.

• Love
I've had a spin-off idea for this game banging around in my skull for over ten years but I'm always so busy with other projects that I know I'll never host it myself - and if I tried I wouldn't do it justice.

To describe it would reveal too much but @Gorny is devious and evil and @Leopold Stotch is a damn good storyteller so I may pass the idea off to them and see what they might do with it.
Wait what?

I thought you weren't into mafia games?

Unless you have something else in mind?

Wait what?

I thought you weren't into mafia games?

Unless you have something else in mind?
Forum games aren't my jam. I do enjoy reading through the mafia threads though!

My idea could certainly be structured into a mafia game (or an off-shoot). Describing it in public would ruin it for the players so forgive my cryptic posting. I'll send you the rundown tomorrow. I'm drunk and it's bedtime!

I told Leo about it but it was so many years ago that there's maybe a 5% chance that she would even remember.

🥺🥲🥲🥲
I'm drunk and it's bedtime!

Well... Looks like I wasn't the only one enjoying the night with drinky drinks. 😉

For being drunk, your typing is impeccable!!

I told Leo about it but it was so many years ago that there's maybe a 5% chance that she would even remember.

I MIGHT remember but I have a greater feeling that you're gonna need to freshen my memory. I rememebr two possiblities.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High