INVADER ZIM and the St. Valentine's Day Massacre! Post Game Thread TOWNIE WIN!!

End of Game Info:

Night Actions:

Night 1:
  • D2DC targets Pancakes. Got Investigation for the gadget.
  • Gorny abducts D2DC. It's why Pancakes never got anything and why DC was unable to vote.
  • Snicker MDs Pyro. Motion Detected.
  • Pyro, by luck, kills Gorny.

Night 2:
  • Gorny abducts Noodle. He sent me PM for this. I sent Noodle a PM of a ghost haunting his office. He laughed and that's why he kept bringing up Gorny in his posts, lol. Noodle knew it was for fun.
  • Snicker MDs Pancakes. Instead of "No result" I think I told him he had his voice box missing and couldn't vote.
  • coju abducts Snicker, kills Pyro. Kill was not successful because of 1 time BP Irken PAK.
  • D2DC gives d2lover BP Lab Coat. Success.

Night 3:
  • Coju abducts D2DC (poor DC, lmao. This time he had his spleen stolen), kills Snicker.
  • Snicker MDs Skjolde. No motion detected.
  • D2DC targets Snicker. Was not successful. Had it been, I think it would've been the Investigation.

Notes on Roles/Powers

1. With an SK and Mafia, killing was every other night while I think I had the Abduction part every night. Once Gorny died, it fell to Coju. Coju could Abduct every night but could only kill on even nights as long as Tak was alive. Once Tak died, he could kill every night.
  2. I randomized DC's gadgets with a Twister spinner. XD
  3. Had Snicker lived, the Investigation would've been a normal Cop read; "Human" or "Not Human" instead of "Motion Detected/Not Detected."
  4. The organ stealing could not work on Gir or Tak because they were not human, therefore no organs to steal. HOWEVER. . . If Zim had abducted Tak, the organ stealing would've bounced back onto Zim (the message would've read "You've had your squeedilyspooch stolen! You cannot vote today.") but both would have lived. The story write up would've been about an epic battle taking place but both of them surviving mostly intact.
  5. If Zim abducted Dib, an epic battle story write up would've taken place. Dib would've gotten "no result."
  6. Gaz had a hidden trigger post restriction. If someone had mentioned "Mysterious Mysteries," "spells," "casting," "Shadowhog" (I don't think anyone mentioned Shadowhog and if they did, I TOTALLY missed it) she would've had to post about pork and/or end each post with "Everything tastes like a pig. A PIG!" It would have been permament unless Membrane targeted d2lover with Nanoship.
  7. Membrane's secret hidden power was 1 time lynch proof. Since he has robotic arms, the story write up would've been him activating the arms and blasting away from a lynch, lol. Membrane could give anyone a gadget but not Tak as long as she had her BP. If she lost it, then she would have been eligible to receive an item.

Reactions: coju and D2DC
End of Game Thoughts:

1. I'm so happy y'all had fun!! Y'all are welcome, thank y'all for letting me host! Can't wait to do another!
2. In terms of resolutions, I had killing go last. I think I got myself tripped up when it came to the role-blocking. So, if Zim had just been a plain JK, do things still happen? For example: The times DC was caught, could he still give inventions out even though he would've been in jail or is it up to the mod?
3. I didn't know how Tracker and Watcher worked which is why Dib was a Motion Detector. It was easier for me. Had I understood either role better, Dib would've been one of them. Thank you for Pyro for answering how the role works in the Ded Thread.
4. With the whole d2lover screenshot, the rules TECHNICALLY don't say anything about inbox screenshot or anything but I know some of y'all did not like that. How do we feel about that for the future? Outright ban, it doesn't matter, que?
5. Do y'all think a Nurse or someone with a healing ability should've been added?
6. Did the game feel balanced? Was there an over powered role or a role not strong enough?
7. Anything else you want to add? :D

Thank you and see y'all in the next game!!! ^_^ <3

Reactions: coju
End of Game Thoughts:

1. I'm so happy y'all had fun!! Y'all are welcome, thank y'all for letting me host! Can't wait to do another!
2. In terms of resolutions, I had killing go last. I think I got myself tripped up when it came to the role-blocking. So, if Zim had just been a plain JK, do things still happen? For example: The times DC was caught, could he still give inventions out even though he would've been in jail or is it up to the mod?
3. I didn't know how Tracker and Watcher worked which is why Dib was a Motion Detector. It was easier for me. Had I understood either role better, Dib would've been one of them. Thank you for Pyro for answering how the role works in the Ded Thread.
4. With the whole d2lover screenshot, the rules TECHNICALLY don't say anything about inbox screenshot or anything but I know some of y'all did not like that. How do we feel about that for the future? Outright ban, it doesn't matter, que?
5. Do y'all think a Nurse or someone with a healing ability should've been added?
6. Did the game feel balanced? Was there an over powered role or a role not strong enough?

1. Killing usually goes last after resolving other actions, that way I know if there's a block or doc affecting the kill.
2. If Zim was a JK and jails D2DC, D2Dc can't do anything nor can he be affected by anything. That's the way being jailed works. Jailing is essentially a role block too, so being a jailer and a role blocker is in effect, being a jail keeper or jailing someone.
4. I was debating adding a rule in my games disallowing a screensshot of your PM box. That said whenever I run a game, my Role PM titles are genaric and do not hint at your role or alignment. So the issue is moot I guess.
5. Your game your setup. You could have if you wanted to.
7. You should have given everyone a one shot BP for shits and giggles.

End of Game Thoughts:

1. Killing usually goes last after resolving other actions, that way I know if there's a block or doc affecting the kill.
2. If Zim was a JK and jails D2DC, D2Dc can't do anything nor can he be affected by anything. That's the way being jailed works. Jailing is essentially a role block too, so being a jailer and a role blocker is in effect, being a jail keeper or jailing someone.
4. I was debating adding a rule in my games disallowing a screensshot of your PM box. That said whenever I run a game, my Role PM titles are genaric and do not hint at your role or alignment. So the issue is moot I guess.
5. Your game your setup. You could have if you wanted to.
7. You should have given everyone a one shot BP for shits and giggles.

1. Good times, I'll get you guys next time I'm Serial Killer! :p I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you medaling kids!
2. Yep, killing always goes last (or close to last in certain situations such as if there is a recruitment function, in that case recruitment would go last).
2b. I like to think of jailkeeper as a roleblocker and doctor combined.
3. No problem!
4. Should be disallowed. We really shouldn't be doing anything in relation to inboxes/role pms/whatever in the game thread.
5. If it still would have been balanced? Technically Dr. Membrane had a 50% chance of essentially being a doc/nurse anyway based on the random actions since bulletproof vest and healing essentially worked the same.
6. I thought it was fine for the number of players, no one was crazy overpowered that I'm aware of?
7. Add more piggies. I really would have loved to see a mechanic where throwing piggies into a portal did something crazy/random.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
1. Good times, I'll get you guys next time I'm Serial Killer! :p I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you medaling kids!
2. Yep, killing always goes last (or close to last in certain situations such as if there is a recruitment function, in that case recruitment would go last).
2b. I like to think of jailkeeper as a roleblocker and doctor combined.
3. No problem!
4. Should be disallowed. We really shouldn't be doing anything in relation to inboxes/role pms/whatever in the game thread.
5. If it still would have been balanced? Technically Dr. Membrane had a 50% chance of essentially being a doc/nurse anyway based on the random actions since bulletproof vest and healing essentially worked the same.
6. I thought it was fine for the number of players, no one was crazy overpowered that I'm aware of?
7. Add more piggies. I really would have loved to see a mechanic where throwing piggies into a portal did something crazy/random.
4. Agree.

I think I will add a rule in my games going forward.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
I know about all of you people, but .....

every time I see noodle online, i have to seriously resist sending him a PM that says :
*Gorny launches a spitball into Noodle's ear*

• Sad
Reactions: coju
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High