Gorny's C9 Variant Mafia Game - Game Over - Scum Win

Just curious, why did you go for snickersnack instead of continuing your assault on pyro?

I know this wasn't to me, but I'd like to answer.

My number one suspect was Pyro and I thought snicker to be his accomplist (spelling??). I think my strategy at the time was "Snicker has a couple votes, let's go with the flow and get something. We'll get Pyro tomorrow." I didn't realize that I would lock Snicker. In hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered, but I should have kept my vote on Pyro lol.

Yeah I felt they were both acting differently from previous games, much too passive, but I still got the wrong read off snickersnack.

I know this wasn't to me, but I'd like to answer.

My number one suspect was Pyro and I thought snicker to be his accomplist (spelling??). I think my strategy at the time was "Snicker has a couple votes, let's go with the flow and get something. We'll get Pyro tomorrow." I didn't realize that I would lock Snicker. In hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered, but I should have kept my vote on Pyro lol.
Even though I was the first one to vote for Snicker?

Reactions: snickersnack
I added to my rule set right after the game started, trying to figure out things that might happen:

1. D2DC is an insane cop but is not told this.

2. Leopold Stotch functions as a standard Jail Keeper. Can Leo Self Jail? Answer: Yes, however this cancels the jailed/role blocked effect on her, thereby opening her to getting targeted by any night action.

3. Skjolde has a 1-S BPV, and is told of this, it will not protect from Noodle’s bomb as the BPV is specific to night actions and the actual explosion of Noodle’s Bomb ability is a day time thing.

4. Noodle reads as anti town on investigation, however since D2DC is insane, he will read Pro-Town. Noodle is given a random target every night.

5. Jailing Noodle: I had to think ahead here. As Noodle’s ability executed during the day and he receives his target at random during the night, does jailing Noodle prevent him from receiving his target? No. Since *I* am the one issuing Noodle his target. In effect, jailing Noodle will not prevent his bomb ability but will cause night actions targeted at him to be blocked.

6. In the case of the random bomb target, does being jailed at night offer any kind of protection? Answer: No.

Night 1 Night Actions:

*Noodle

*Zhao/Pyro

*D2DC

*Leopold Stotch

1. D2DC investigates Leopold Stotch (D2DC is insane, so Leo turns up as scum)

2. Leopold Stotch Role Blocks D2DC, the union of the two produces the spawn of Diablo. D2DC wakes up glued to his closet door.

3. Noodle is randomly assigned D2DC as a bombing target.

4. The Mafia (Pyro) target Noodle for an NK. (Success)*

*Noodle’s death was delayed by 3 hours with a random Condemned Mechanic. This was my idea, and also why Noodle had received D2DC as a bombing target when he was technically dead. Had Noodle showed up and voted D2DC before hi time ran out, the vote would have been nullified *BUT* the activation of the bomb on D2DC would have been allowed and D2DC would have then exploded IF he was voted to majority. D2DC would have then exploded and would have killed the last vote (either lock or majority ) on his wagon.

Night 2.

1. Leopold Stotch role blocks Snickersnack.

2. D2DC investigates Skjolde and receives the result of Anti-Town.*

3. The Mafia (Pyro) target D2Dc for the mafia factional kill. (success).

*Having ben NK’d by the mafia, the investigation result on Skjolde went to the grave with D2DC.

Night 3

Scum technically won at this point with the lynch of Snickersnack as there were two scum vs. two town and the 50% rule took effect.

I purposely moved the game into the night phase to see what would happen for story writing purposes:

1. Leopold Stotch role blocked Zhao_Yue. (allowing Pyro to freely kill)

2. The Mafia (Pyro) targeted Skjolde for the NK (success).

The game ended here.

*If Leo role blocked Pyro, there would have been no kill but I would have called the game anyway.

Possible unused story ideas:

If Pyro target Leo and killed her:

Leopold Stotch’s body was found in the back of a pickup truck. She had been shot three times in the heart. A bouquet of black roses were also found, along with a note that read:

My dear Leo, it was fun while it lasted but business is business and ours is concluded.

Signed, Pyro.

If Leo had Jailed Pyro:

Mrs. Stotch brought Pyro to her jail cell for a night of naughtiness, but little did she know, she was sleeping with the enemy. Pyro did not need to kill anyone, for they had already won. H could kill Leo at any time as they were in control now. The dawn would come and then their plan would be complete and the town would be destroyed.

Gg all. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be as present as I normally would.

Also, I'll have to keep trusting my gut about pyro's posts..... or now he'll be more careful. :D

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Just curious, why did you go for snickersnack instead of continuing your assault on pyro?
It was honestly a toss up for me. I had no good read on anybody in this game. I mistakenly had the belief that there was only one scum left. So with 5 left, I thought the last scum would still lay a little low. Which is why I didn't take it as sus that Pyro voted on Snicker as the first one. Since Pyro and Snicker where the ones, that I suspected a little bit.

Pyro voting first actually made me think he was slightly more town, than I originally thought. I also had the idea, that if Snicker indeed was town, I would just go at pyro the next day. I thought myself "safe" since I had the 1-shot BP. And if indeed Pyro was scum, he would try and kill me at night, and since I would be saved by my vest, it would be the last piece of evidence for me, to say that Pyro was scum.

Some of this happened as I thought. But my whole premise was wrong, because there was multiple scum left, so "my plan" would never have worked annyways.

Oh, and thanks to @Gorny for hosting, it was a pleasure as always. I think the reason for less activity, was simply that we were so few players. Still fun though!

Even though I was the first one to vote for Snicker?
- pyro votes snack
- snack votes pyro
- they might be a mafia team

When I consider all factors thoroughly, it kind of makes sense 🤔

Gorny did say I should have killed you last night and go for the solo win.
You did always wanted to get back at me for NK'ing you in the Narcos game. Good thing I always look over my shoulder ... stretching helps with the stiffness when you sit at the computer all day.

• Haha
Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High