[Game Thread] Narcos Mafia Game reboot - Medellín vs Cali Cartel

In my book, I can be four different things.

You can be two.

Zhao can be one.

Leopold can be four in your book, but three in mine.

Snickersnack can be four.

If the execution ability is the DEA's shoot name, then it cannot be Leopold.

As a cartel leader Zhao, your thoughts on that? @d2lover's claim of me being the DEA?

So your proposition is d2lover, you and I are all cartel. We shouldn't be fighting with each other but pool our strength to get the more dangerous DEA.

You're absolutely convinced d2lover is cartel, even thought he's landing nice jabs on you.

That leaves Leo and Snackboy.

So I assume you want us to lynch Leo not because she's afk and an easy target, but because she has the highest chance of DEA?

In my book, I can be four different things.

You can be two.

Zhao can be one.

Leopold can be four in your book, but three in mine.

Snickersnack can be four.

If the execution ability is the DEA's shoot name, then it cannot be Leopold.

As a cartel leader Zhao, your thoughts on that? @d2lover's claim of me being the DEA?
I have no idea, at this point we are just flinging mud at each just to pass time.

So anyone a wannabe detective? Try to figure out a motivation on why Skjolde was killed? It took me by surprise as a sudden day kill is unusual.

This is quite a conundrum. What would Skjolde do in a situation like this.?

I can almost hear his though process right now: "I wish I had taken up Zhao's offer to tickle him when I had the chance."

Babyhell, did you kill Skjolde because you suspected I was going team up with them to come after you? I think you jumped the gun there, you were in a very safe and secure position.

But you revealed you are on the opposing cartel so I'm obliged to lynch you.

Vote: Babyhell

You're still cool d2lover, just put your vote on Babyhell. We can achieve one win condition and worry about the second one later.

@Leopold Stotch and @snickersnack can you place your votes on Babyhell please? Unless of course you are on his team?
I still want to hear from @Leopold Stotch before EoD. :confused: I have a meeting soon, and the last one will end right around EoD. I'll try to check in just before.

Unvote: d2lover
vote: babyhell

Good luck to the DEA then, you'll be one less. I have a meeting too during the last two hours, so I will stop here.

Zhao, what killed me was the motivate thingy: I motivated you the night you assassinated Pyro. I torn my brain to find how the hell you could have been revealed as Cali, if D2DC went up to that point.

The Skjolde motivation the first night must have give him an investigate ability, and the only moment I could (and maybe should) have seen the light is when he was still focused on d2lover. I guess he investigated d2lover. But until that moment I had the time to almost convince myself he was against me.

And that only consider the active players. Leopold is against me for sure, as was d2lover: I sent an execute on them the first night.

I bet Noodle had been sacrificed too and was on my team, I'll see that. If that's the case, I'm pleased with that lynch still.

Anyway, too much non-votes and non-participative players in this game. It cuts the read and most of the investigation process. Sadly HuckIt could get in, and coju went away too soon. Even if he was on Cali's team, that would have been more interesting to have him active that some others.

So well, maybe I'm wrong again on this, but well... I want to know before going to my meeting, time to end it. See you in hell!

Kill: Zhao_Yue

Update:
Kill: Zhao_Yue
Zhao_Yue has been killed! Babyhell has taken down the Cali Cartel! Going down in a blaze of gunfire, Leopold Stotch and d2lover are killed along with Zhao!

Players remaining:
Babyhell
Snickersnack

Update:
I arrest babyhell!
The DEA agent has arrested Babyhell. With that, all cartel members have either died or been captured. The game ends in a town? win. Congratulations to @snickersnack for making it all the way. And, thanks to everyone who participated. I know this is an unfamiliar game setup, but I hope it was fun! It sure looked interesting from the outside.

I don't really have time to do a full game notes post right now. But, I will open up all the Role PM chats so you can see what went down.

tl;dr version:

The biggest deviation from the WitP setup was the requirement that the DEA agent recruit a member of each cartel before he is allowed to use his kill/arrest ability on the leaders/heirs. This created a problem, as the recruit/informant would just be able to name one of the cartel leaders. So, I tried to craft a separate wincon for them to keep them playing the game honestly.

To help eliminate this informant, I gave both leaders an execute ability in addition to their 1-shot kill from the WitP setup. The execute would only kill a member of their own faction (hopefully the informant).

Also, as to not bore everyone else with a basic "guard" role, I gave every Sicario a different ability, but those could only be utilized if their cartel leader chose to motivate them any particular night. This turned out to be fairly inconsequential, as for most of the game nobody knew who belonged to their cartel. Thus, most motivate actions failed.

I'll try to post all the details later this evening.

@d2lover I never really bought that you were a leader, but towards the end it became harder to make votes since I couldn't look like I was eager to lynch just anyone and also if I vote to lynch a leader, then the sicarios know I'm not in their cartel. I thought that changing my vote from you to @Babyhell would be too suspicious, but I didn't see any other way forward.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High