Do we need to change, amend or alter the rules we use in game?

Change the phrasing of the word lynch

• Yes. Change it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Leave it as is

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Doesn't matter (Durf Poing, etc)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gorny

Staff member
Mar 16, 2020
Primarily, the use of the word "lynch" and it's variations? (poll included)

In light of recent events that have happened, some other sites like Mafiascum.net have moved away from using the word lynch and variants of it in mafia games. How does everyone that plays mafia games in this group feel about this? Should we follow the trend or no?

We all know that we are using the word lynch and its variants as a game mechanic, which is a standard part of the game, and it's in no way meant to be any kind of racial slur, or disrespective term.

Personally, my stance is that since it's not being disrespectful as it's being used in our games, it does not need to be changed. However, it can also up to the individual game mod to phrase in game lynches in some other way if the mod so chooses, possibly using the phrase eliminated, gone to the gallows, or some other phrasing.

Second point, do we need to do anything with the rules part as far as the who plus or minus one rounded up or down part.

The games (normal ones) on mafia scum use: " A player is eliminated if they receive a majority of votes (50% of players alive + 1, rounded down). "

Thoughts?

Seems like not many people care about this, as only one person voted in the pole and no one posted in thread in any way, shape or form. I'm going to go ahead with wording in my rule sets as usual like previous games over the years.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High