Anyone trading on the stock market?

Not to dwell on anything, but it was suggested in an ongoing PM chain that I share a bit of info I dug up on the image contained in the post that I am so upset over.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/swastika-flag-trump-pence-michigan/

There are other sources confirming the Snopes conclusion, in case anyone dislikes Snopes for whatever reason....

So... a genuine nazi flag, captioned and carried by fake Trumpers, for the purpose of inciting people against those they disagree with, by catering to thier confirmation bias. There is a good lesson wrapped up in that.

For clarity, I don't think the image itself is the real issue here. The point that has me so worked up is that someone who holds an authority position just dropped such a charged image, without preamble, explanation or insight. To have done so bespeaks of a lack of those things, and implies a disregard for the position one holds, particularly when the one posting has spoken on how they believe that authority figures irl should be held accountable for what they put out (which I agree with, fwiw).

Would it bother you as much if I posted the image?

Would it surprise you to learn that there hasn't been much if any moderation on this forum since it's inception other than banning a couple spammers? The "authority" that you are so concerned about exists only in the colour of his name and not in his actions.

The following image makes the same point as that posted by Noodle. Should Noodle be silenced for making the same point as me? Do I need to include a "preamble, explanation or insight" when posting obvious political commentary in visual form?

I think your problem may not be so much the image or who posted it but who the critisim was directed towards....Donald Trump and those who support and enable him.

gettyimages-621959776.jpg

Would it bother you as much if I posted the image?

Would it surprise you to learn that there hasn't been much if any moderation on this forum since it's inception other than banning a couple spammers? The "authority" that you are so concerned about exists only in the colour of his name and not in his actions.

The following image makes the same point as that posted by Noodle. Should Noodle be silenced for making the same point as me? Do I need to include a "preamble, explanation or insight" when posting obvious political commentary in visual form?

I think your problem may not be so much the image or who posted it but who the critisim was directed towards....Donald Trump and those who support and enable him.

View attachment 63196

Lol, you are free to your opinion. You do not have to believe what I say, it does not make my point less valid.

For the record, I would have disliked you posting such bullshit the same as I dislike Glurin's post that was decorated in similar manner, but it certainly wouldn't bother me to the degree it does if ANY mod/admin does such. It isn't about the point of a post or image at all. It is about posting of hate symbols by someone who is a titular leader, no matter how little leading they may or may not in fact do, as it signals to everyone else that apparently this is somehow OK now. That last point being made more clear by how much we have seen of this bullshit since then (more than I am aware of in the entire time up to then of this forum). So thanks for helping make my point more clear, I appreciate it.

When did I say Noodle should be silenced? I am not calling for his banning or anything like that (though at the time I may have been more for that, I can guarantee I would have regretted it once I calmed, like now). Maybe a suspension of his modship or something similar would be in order, then he can post whatever he feels without that implication. Cancel-culture and censorship of speech are not my thing at all, as I have made apparent in many of my posts. The removal of the hate symbols and maybe a genuine apology, to everyone here assembled, for being so thoughtless would be good, though I doubt any apology would be genuine considering he was obtuse enough to post it in the first place, so moot point on that. Perhaps a transparent accountability guideline and process put in place for mods going forward would be appropos.

In any event, I do think hate symbols have no place here, and would like to think everyone agrees with that, particularly since we are such a diverse group. From what I have heard from the admins I have much talked to about it, they would agree. If hatred and symbols thereof do have a place here, then I feel like I don't, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels thusly, just the only one who stood up and said it when the issue arose. Simple, really.

But go ahead and believe whatever you wish, it doesn't make anything I have said less true, and I'm pretty sure you know that, even if you hate that truth you find inconvenient now.

Last edited:
There are other sources confirming the Snopes conclusion, in case anyone dislikes Snopes for whatever reason....
Why would someone dislike Snopes? I get all my news verification from failed p0rn starlets, their drug-addled pimp, and condo-rental dominatrixes! So should everyone else; Snopes is the ultimate in Progressive fact checking!
So... a genuine nazi flag, captioned and carried by fake Trumpers, for the purpose of inciting people against those they disagree with, by catering to thier confirmation bias. There is a good lesson wrapped up in that.
Indeed. Michelle Malkin used to keep a list of just how many such faux racist incidents had been perpetrated by Proggies (hint - most of them) until it became too difficult to keep current.
To not derail the attempts to bring this back to original topic:
Now, whatever would we want to do THAT for?

I strongly suspect we're going to see a significant market "correction" in the near term. I'm a bit surprised one wasn't engineered during Trump's Presidency, because markets across the Earth have been running on air like Wile E. Coyote over the edge of the cliff for quite some time now.

I pulled my savings out of the stock section of my secret special Gub'mint 401K - you know, the one that people are always claiming to be unethical & immoral? - and put it in the bonds section. Guess what, folks, the Thrift Savings Plan is the sort of thing that Proggies want to be the norm. It's not much better than Vanguard or others; they all "track" other funds - but the TSP is Government run and keeps the wealth in their hands rather than yours.

Why would someone dislike Snopes?
Yeah, I agree. It's the only way a lot of people have made it this far into the perpetual fifteen day lockdown.

Oh, wait. I thought you said schnapps. o_O

• Love
Reactions: jmervyn
Oh, wait. I thought you said schnapps. o_O
I probably should have; it's the only way to fly!
13657-frei.jpg

Reactions: Glurin
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High