Abortion in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why stop at the state? Why not let the county decide, or the town? Or, considering reproductive freedom is a basic human right, leave it up to the individual?

Why stop at the state? Why not let the county decide, or the town? Or, considering reproductive freedom is a basic human right, leave it up to the individual?
You're absolutely right.
States have no reason to be the ones to create laws to protect its citizens and punishments for those who break the law.
Let's allow individuals to define what is murder (or manslaughter) and what isn't - based solely on their own views.
I'm sure you'd be cool with individuals deciding what punishments should be meted out for breaking laws, right?

Hmmmm.... since individuals get to decide... there just might be more than a few who would be fine with post-natal abortions. I mean, what's the real difference if that clump of cells is just a few minutes or hours or days or weeks outside the womb vs a few minutes or hours or days or weeks still inside the womb.

Your reliance on hyperbole betrays your lack of a reasonable stance.

Your reliance on hyperbole betrays your lack of a reasonable stance.
Your inability to answer questions about statements you made betrays your lack of willingness to discuss anything that doesn't march in lock-step to your myopic opinion.

Your "contribution" to the discussion has been a few one-liners, and most of those were taking shots at a singular person.
It certainly seems that is the extent of your depth and insight.

What question? You were seriously asking me whether I thought individuals should be responsible for deciding punishments? They're called "judges," child, and they're an integral part of our justice system. I apologize for assuming you were already aware of their existence- I won't assume you know anything at all from now on.

What question? You were seriously asking me whether I thought individuals should be responsible for deciding punishments? They're called "judges," child, and they're an integral part of our justice system. I apologize for assuming you were already aware of their existence- I won't assume you know anything at all from now on.
Good of you to admit there’s something you don’t know.
It’s also arrogant or lazy to assume, so it’s good you won’t do that (at least as far as I’m concerned).

Since you say it should be left up to the individual, you believe any woman should be able to choose to end their pregnancy via abortion at any time for any reason, without consequence, yes?
And any medical professional who performs that abortion should also not face any consequence either, correct?

Quit putting words in my mouth, mkay? I said nothing of the sort. You're being incredibly and deliberately dishonest by pretending to restate what I've said, while wildly exaggerating it. What is wrong with you? Are you so unable to defend your beloved authoritarianism that you have to resort to ridiculous and baseless attacks?

• Haha
Reactions: Talga Vasternich
Quit putting words in my mouth, mkay? I said nothing of the sort. You're being incredibly and deliberately dishonest by pretending to restate what I've said, while wildly exaggerating it. What is wrong with you? Are you so unable to defend your beloved authoritarianism that you have to resort to ridiculous and baseless attacks?
You think me asking a couple questions to clarify what you said is wild exaggeration or an attack?
I have a much better understanding of your personality and insecurities now, thank you.

You did say you weren’t going to assume anything about me, then immediately say I love authoritarianism.
Baseless attacks indeed

Closing this thread now. I think it's run its course and I sense it's entering the futile 'wind up' phase now. This thread doesn't look like reconciling the 'Pro Choice' and 'No Choice' point of view any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: raidarr
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High